Environmental and agrology services lead
Ramo, a company specializing in the development of innovative environmental technologies through specialized willow cultivation techniques, is looking for a passionate Professional Environmental Engineer or Agrologist to fill the position of Engineering and Agrology Services Lead for our nascent Western Canada Division. If you are motivated by:
- The prospect of growing a team of talented technical professionals in a supported environment,
- Contributing to the restoration of degraded lands and optimal use of marginal lands,
- Managing wastes, residuals and environmental challenges in ways that add value to our society,
- Contributing positively to the mitigation of climate change with real nature-based solutions,
- Thinking creatively to solve real-world problems,
- Using expert knowledge in relating complex environmental topics to a wide variety of focus groups,
- Advancing sustainable agricultural practices while developing diversity on the landscape, and
- Growing into a leadership role within our team and within the sector,
Who we are ?
Ramo offers clients a unique circular economy model that enables the management of residuals and wastes in a manner that produces a multitude of products and services for those same clients while maximizing co-benefits, such as carbon sequestration, biodiversity, and employment/jobs creation. What we do makes intuitive sense for the environment, and for society. Here’s a short overview video demonstrating our powerful approach and philosophy:
Develop, execute, monitor and manage projects, requiring technical proficiency in subject matter to develop projects within our reclamation, phytoremediation and agriculture portfolios, ensuring that they are completed on time and to Ramo’s high quality standards.
Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential customers, business partners, government organizations and industry players through a reputation for strong and professional technical and advisory services.
Develop a culture of excellence in project delivery for Ramo’s Western Division.
Collaborate proactively with associates within Ramo, with our partners, and our clients to develop and execute assignments combining the management of residuals and development of willow plantations, including restoration of degraded sites and marginal lands.
Integrate professional and technical execution with marketing strategies for products derived from willow cultivation, with a focus on solving the management of challenging residual materials through our willow technologies.
Identify and write grant applications in support of project development to support our corporate and client objectives.
Together our CEO-Western Division, Business Development and Marketing teams, actively seek out new markets and partnership opportunities to promote Ramo’s environmental technologies and products.
– University degree and in agronomy, agri-environmental engineering or related field.
-Demonstrated experience as a qualified professional within the fields of agro-forestry, crop management waste management or similar with a minimum of 5 years experience
-Relevant experience in market development and commercialization of agricultural or environmental products.
– Demonstrated experience in project execution and strong knowledge of Western Canada regulatory processes for mine reclamation and waste management.
– Experience in drafting contracts, tender responses, and grant application documents
– Expert knowledge of sustainable agricultural practices and beneficial use of residuals.
– Experience in composting, organic residuals, or waste management may all be considered assets
– Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently, from conception to completion.
– Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
– Strong ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders.
– Strong business acumen and ability to analyze the residual materials market.
– Fluency in written and spoken English. French is considered an asset.
– Believe in climate change!
Ramo offers a dynamic, collaborative work environment focused on innovation and positive environmental impact. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
– Competitive compensation based on experience and skills.
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
– Opportunity to contribute to the creation of a sustainable future through respectful agricultural practices.
Our projects are located across Canada and possibly in the United States. Primarily, you will be involved in projects in Western Canada. You will be required to travel and visit our various planting sites as well as the various generators of residual materials. Our head office is located in Saint-Roch-de-l’Achigan, Quebec, and our Western Team generally works remotely, with a small satellite office in Camrose, Alberta.
This is a full-time, permanent position based on 40 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, so there’s no need to ask permission if you’re going to the hairdresser or for an oil change. You’ll be responsible for managing your own time.